Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Traffic Jam Dhaka style

Hello everyone. My name is Maria, aka Photo Cache, and I blog here. I was invited by the owner of this blog, G, to make contributions. And I gladly accepted. Because like her I am a drive by shooter, long before the term was coined.

For this post I am sharing with you a traffic jam in Dhaka, capital of Bangladesh. The streets of Dhaka are filled with this manpowered rickshaw (or ricksha as known in Dhaka) one of the main forms of transportation. I was riding in one when I snapped this shot.

11 comments:

Swarna said...

If I could give an award - it would be 'Best non-polluting' traffic jam.
Nice picture!

mirage2g said...

Hi Maria! Thanks for keeping this blog alive with your beautiful contributions! I wonder sometimes how much photos you had in your driveby blog before! Thanks again!

Hapi said...

Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!

tr3nta said...

this photo is great incredibly saturated... love it.

Femin Susan said...

Hi....
Wonderful shot, love beach photos. thanks for sharing..

Basir Seerat said...

beautiful work , excellent blog.

2sweetnsaxy said...

I guess traffic is traffic no matter if it's in a car or a ricksha. Great shot.

Eki Akhwan said...

It doesn't look like a traffic jam to me ... They look packed but orderly. Wonderful sight, Maria.

To answer your question about Tapir:
I think I wrote in the text that Tapir does not only live in Indonesia.

This is a very nice blog, btw. I like the header photo, for a start.

Bengbeng said...

i love this post and the pic :) it is so different from what I am used to over here. Non motorized vehicles would cause congestions on our streets too if the same situation exists here

simply divina said...

Nice shot for Bangladesh. This is interesting photo. I like it because it reminds me of the mission field.Thanks for sharing them.

me said...

This is a great photo!

Post a Comment