Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Traffic Jam Dhaka style

Hello everyone. My name is Maria, aka Photo Cache, and I blog here. I was invited by the owner of this blog, G, to make contributions. And I gladly accepted. Because like her I am a drive by shooter, long before the term was coined.

For this post I am sharing with you a traffic jam in Dhaka, capital of Bangladesh. The streets of Dhaka are filled with this manpowered rickshaw (or ricksha as known in Dhaka) one of the main forms of transportation. I was riding in one when I snapped this shot.

11 comments:

  1. If I could give an award - it would be 'Best non-polluting' traffic jam.
    Nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria! Thanks for keeping this blog alive with your beautiful contributions! I wonder sometimes how much photos you had in your driveby blog before! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this photo is great incredibly saturated... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi....
    Wonderful shot, love beach photos. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess traffic is traffic no matter if it's in a car or a ricksha. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't look like a traffic jam to me ... They look packed but orderly. Wonderful sight, Maria.

    To answer your question about Tapir:
    I think I wrote in the text that Tapir does not only live in Indonesia.

    This is a very nice blog, btw. I like the header photo, for a start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this post and the pic :) it is so different from what I am used to over here. Non motorized vehicles would cause congestions on our streets too if the same situation exists here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice shot for Bangladesh. This is interesting photo. I like it because it reminds me of the mission field.Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete